Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Calvin!

Happy Birthday to our sweet little boy! I can't believe how fast this past year has gone.

We celebrated Calvin's birthday a few weeks ago so all of the family could be there (Calvin has very busy grandparents). Calvin loves Mickey Mouse so we had a Mickey themed party for him. We purchased a Mickey at the beach cupcake cake and Bryon made Calvin a very special Mickey cake for him to eat. Calvin had a deer in the head lights look the whole time we sang "Happy Birthday". Not even a glimpse of a smile appeared. He surprised us all and did not dig into his cake. He tried reaching for the cake when the candle was lit and we told him no, so I don't know if that played a factor or not. Once everyone stopped looking at him he would put his fingers in it and try a lick here and there but nothing big.
It has been a crazy month for us. We welcomed a new cousin the end of June, went to the beach, back and forth to the doctor, cut two teeth and a molar is on its way, and he walked!

Fun facts about our one year old:
* switched to forward facing in the car..and still doesn't enjoy being in the car
*doesn't like it when we walk away from him
*points to things that he wants
*says mama (he used to only say it when he cried but know says it all the time)
*doesn't like the drill- we had to put cabinet locks on all of the cabinets because someone figured out how to open them
* he will cuddle with you if you are laying on the floor
*loves to give kisses (and headbutts thanks to Mia)
*has 8 teeth and one molar on its way

*loves emptying out this books and toy tub- and any laundry left in the basket
*weighs 25 lbs 5 oz (that was around 11 months) and wear 18 month clothes
*still loves to dance and wiggle
*still loves books

We go back to Dr. Adelson in September and hope we continue to get great news. We also go Aug. 16 for his year well check. Depending on what the doctor advises we want to try to introduce dairy and see if he still has the protein allergy.He has to get some shots, but I am anxious to see his height and weight. We pray every day that he continues to grow big and strong...I would just like to keep in the same size clothes for a little bit.


5 comments:

  1. That is so cool, it even brought tears to my eyes. Mom hasn't seen it yet, cause we just got in to where we can get out. I saw Calvin walking too. He did soooo good. I know Mom will be excited as well and I'm sure she'll post a comment too. Calvin's so cute, I have to laugh everytime I see him. Love you all Dad (Pa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo excited!!! He did so good walking. He makes me smile he is so cute. Happy Birthday Calvin!! We miss you guys and our adorable grandchildren.

    Love, Grandma (Ma)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Calvin!
    Love, Luke, Ben and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALVIN! We can't believe it has been a year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ALL THE PICTURES...HE GETS MORE DARLING EVERY TIME I SEE HIM...MISS YOU GUYS...LOVE YOU ALL...LOVE, DANA AND SCOTTY

    ReplyDelete