If the title doesn't give it away, I am entering the last stages of my pregnancy. Tomorrow I will be 33 weeks! The past two weeks have been quite eventful. It all started two weeks ago when I went in for routine tummy check. The N.P. said my belly was measuring a little large but nothing that concerned her. She mentioned if my belly measured large again on my next visit they would probably order an ultrasound to check out my fluid levels.
I didn't get alarmed at first because I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for quite some time now and a little ankle swelling is normal. A little swelling turned into "cankles" and my "cankles" turned into the legs of a linebacker. I talked to the doctor and they said to monitor vision problems, watch for headaches that don't go away, and high blood pressure.
So a week passed and I was still having swelling issues with headaches here and there. I was getting a little worried so I pushed off the headache as stress. Sunday we had a fun day helping my mom pick out her new booth at the Brass Armadillo. Then we went over to the 'original' Brass Armadillo to look at my mom's booth and case, since my aunt was in town. After that it was dinner and what is a family dinner without a little LRC. I had a pounding headache that wasn't going away and I just wasn't feeling right. I happened to look down and notice my foot. It was the worst swelling I had seen but my right side was so much worse than my left. My uncle and cousin drove me up to the fire station to get my blood pressure checked out. It wasn't great but it wasn't where they said I needed to go into OB triage. They said to call my doctor in the morning or go in that night if I felt worse. I called my doctor the next morning and they said to go into OB triage. Well being stubborn I wanted to been seen by my doctor who knew me and then if they said go in, I would. Well he was in the room for 2 minutes and looked at my leg and said to go over. BUMMER!
So I spent my Monday in OB triage. I got a ultrasound of both legs checking for possible blood clots, an ultrasound of my belly to check fluid levels, blood work, and a urine test! All without getting a picture of Caden, rip off. My fluid levels came back higher than the normal range but nothing alarming. All other results came back normal and my blood pressure went down so much it was setting off the machine's alarm. When they finally let me go, they informed me that preeclampsia can show up at any time even if it didn't today. I left with good news and a vicodin in my system to get rid of my headache that was still there from the day before.
So in the mean time, my cute sandals will have to wait for days when I am not as swollen. Caden is healthy so I can deal with "cankles" for a few more weeks.
Emily- praying for you and sweet Caden!!! Hang in there!!
ReplyDelete